A Week in the Dystoverse We’ll Never Forget
By Gold Mamba
In August I got sucked right into the black hole of NFTs like thousands of others. It started with, “I’ll just buy this one because I like the art”. Famous last words… before I knew it I was sitting up all hours of the night reading, researching, and scrolling. I fell harder for NFTs than I did that cheerleader in middle school.
Even though I actually bought my first NFT back in April of this year, I had lost touch with them and just kept investing in crypto alt coins. But this August something was different…
As I crashed past the NFT event horizon, the first NFT that truly blew my mind was CyberKongz. When I realized that the Genesis collection was selling for 30 ETH and holding them was yielding a $BANANA token, I realized instantly how much more potential there was in the space. While everyone was talking about CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Club, I was studying CyberKongz.
Using Nansen NFT analytics I found some of the largest wallets holding CyberKongz and I couldn’t believe the wealth before my eyes. One wallet in particular caught my attention as I scrolled through it… there were a couple dozen NFTs of a project called DystoPunks that I had not seen before. I knew that if this wallet had a bunch of these (and they appeared to be the rare ones) then this wallet owner knew something about this project that I didn’t.
As I dug in I found a few more things that got me very curious:
- The lead dev of the DystoPunks project, Dekadente, had sent Dystos to the CyberKongz whale. They clearly knew each other. Like investment partners?
- The Dysto price floor had just spiked from < 0.5 ETH to 2+ ETH… why?
- I dug into the Dysto Discord and scoured Twitter and that’s when I found a series of tweets by @astroboy explaining what was about to happen with the Dysto project. It was basically this roadmap:
Fireworks went off in my mind! Dystopunks was inspired by, affiliated with, and helped by CyberKongz and it was running a very similar playbook to develop it’s metaverse economy. While nothing was (or is) guaranteed, I decided this was a project I could see doing really well.
The more I read, the more impressed I was:
- There would be a launch of a VX Dystopunk purpose-built for use in the Sandbox
- There was already a purchase of land in the Sandbox for the Dystoverse to be born. The first location to be developed would be called Greystone City.
- The Level 2 Comic Book offering made complete sense for this type of art and community. ENCODE Graphics was getting ready to launch with the mission of becoming the DC Comics of the NFT space. And their DystoPunk artwork teasers were absolutely on FIRE…
Fast forward 7 weeks later and here we are: Oct 15th, 2021 the day that Level 1 was achieved in Dystopunks and the $CREDS token dropped!
We can all say we were here the day the Dystoverse nation economy came to life:
- Holders of all of the Dystopunks affiliated projects received 300 $CREDS. My personal favorite is the collection of CyberCroz which was built as a tribute to CyberKongz
- The main collection of Dystopunks (2077 of them in total) each generate 7 CREDS/day
- While utility tokens are all the rage right now, Dystos have every reason to spend those CREDs to mint CRATES which will contain gear for the Dystoverse AND a CRATE acts as a Mint pass for the VX launch coming up later this quarter
- CRATES can be traded right on the Opensea Market or kept and opened once Level 4 is reached and the Dystolab comes fully online
- Until we reach Level 4 we’ll be accessing a Dystolab to mint our crates via the website:
The excitement and anticipation of the CREDS drop has been palpable for the last week. Deka has kept the community informed multiple times a day every day. This is one of the coolest things about this project is how involved Deka is with the Dysto fam in Discord. Many of the newcomers to the Discord quickly comment on how much they like the vibe, and rightfully so.
So much as come about just in the last week, it’s worth a quick recap:
- A new website launched ready for Web3 and the Dystolab to mint CRATES
- The DystoPunk collection cracked a 10 ETH floor (sweeps by new buyers)
- 3000 CREDS given away to 10 lucky winners in a launch day giveaway
- Number of unique holders of Dystos hit an ATH sitting at 662 (32%)
- Major endorsements for the DystoPunks project have come from multiple CyberKong OGs (like EddyisKongz), Gmoney, and from Ellio Trades himself
So where can the DystoPunks project go from here? I truly believe we are just getting started. The CyberKongz did all of the heavy lifting for the NFT space and now the DP project is drafting in their wake but with its own incredible community, art, and niche.
Will you take the red pill or the blue pill? Either way, in the year 2077, the future is bright in the Dystoverse, ser!
Whether you agree or disagree, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Gold Mamba is on Twitter @stevenshill21
Disclaimers: NOT investment advice. Do your own research. Make your own decisions. Gold Mamba is a holder of DystoPunk NFTs.